Wednesday 3 October 2012

Support breast cancer research and get a funky pair of specs in the process

As you probably know, October is the pink month or the breast cancer awareness month. Many brands jump on board to create limited edition pink products with a portion of their profits going to one of the breast cancer charities. As the month progresses I hope to introduce you to as many of these limited edition pink products as I can.

Kicking off Pink month are these gorgeous pink frames below from Clearly Contacts. Clearly Contacts is an online eye wear retailer who have amazingly priced specs, contacts and sunnies. Clearly Contacts have paired up with National Breast Cancer Foundation to donate proceeds from each pair of their limited edition, pink designer frames (pictured below) sold. The frames can be purchased exclusively at www.clearlycontacts.com.au for the month of October, RRP $97 each.
 


 
Derek Cardigan Pink
Make a bold statement with these Derek Cardigan Pink glasses and help support breast cancer research. These wayfarer style frames have been reinterpreted in pink with the recognizable Derek Cardigan math symbols on the temples. These frames are stylish and comfortable thanks to the flexible spring hinges.
 
 
 
 
Love L
Geek out in our Love Black Pink glasses! These petite wayfarer style frames are reinterpreted in glossy black acetate with pink temples to help support breast cancer research. The small decals on the temples simply add to the frames’ overall vintage style. These frames are perfect for those with a petite face shape!


 
Love Black Pink
Our Love glasses are redesigned in black and pink to help support breast cancer research. These retro style cat eye glasses come in glossy black acetate with pink temples. Notice the cute heart decal details on the wings of the frames that give them an added special touch. Finally, with its flexible spring hinges you’ll be sure to have a comfortable fit all day.



 
Kam Dhillon
Our Kam Dhillon glasses have been redesigned in pink to help support breast cancer research. These soft rectangular eyeglasses showcase two shades of pink and include flexible spring hinges for the ultimate in comfort and fit. With its versatile shape, these frames would suit any face shape and any occasion!
 
 
I have always been obsessed with bright colours - my clothes are bright, my sneakers are bright, even the makeup I wear is bright. Actually, the only thing that I have never worn in a bright colour are my specs. I have been wearing glasses since I was 11 - so 21 years now - and I have ALWAYS had black or dark coloured frames. As I have dark hair and features I have felt that dark frames suited me best. Well, I have decided to get out of my glasses comfort zone and go for the last pink pair in the list - the Kam Dhillon pair. I know the shape will suit me, as it is similar to my current pair, but the colour is way different so I am very intrigued as to how they will look. I will post pictures as soon as they arrive. 
 
If none of these limited edition frames are quite your cup of tea, don't worry. Clearly Contacts will donates $25.00 from the sale of any pink pair of frames sold in October. Have a look here for the entire range of pink frames - you have a whopping 66 to choose from! 
 
 
  
 
Buying glasses and contacts online can be scary; however, you have nothing to worry about here. Clearly Contacts have an amazing returns policy - if you are not completely happy with your order you have 366 days to return it!
 
Will you be ordering a pair of pink frames this October? If so, post a link to the pair you choose as I'd love to see what you got.
 
Have you ever bought your specs online? How did you find the process?