Thursday 25 October 2012

MOR Marshmallow Eau De Parfum: Heavenly, divine, scrumptuous

I have been on a bit of a perfume journey lately, haven't I. I can't help myself. I just love perfume so much! Today's review is of MOR Marshmallow Eau De Parfum. This perfume astounded me. It really did. I tested it on a whim, not expecting to like it. I don't like sweet, foody fragrances but wanted to know what this pink boxed fragrance smelt like. Would it really smell like marshmallows?



The answer? Yes, but in the most sophisticated way. It is not a young girls perfume but a sensuous women's fragrance. I read somewhere it be described as rose petals dipped in sugar and think that this is such a fitting description. There are definite floral notes, as well as clear sweet notes but there is not a hint of sickly sweetness.




On me, the top notes are the sweeter notes, kind of like a musk stick lolly, but not quite so sugary. These fade in about 30 minutes and what remains is a very sensual musky floral. It is warm and comforting and quite sexy. The perfume is not super long lasting - about 3 hours on me, so I always take the roll on oil with me when I am wearing this to do quick top ups.




This is definitely a daytime fragrance. It's fun rather than classy. It has good silage - you will leave a delicious fragrance trail behind you when wearing this one.


I also have the Marshmallow bath Elixir (don't you just love the word 'Elixir'!). This smells exactly like the perfume and fills the bath with gentle bubbles and a subtle fragrance. I kind of wish that the fragrance was more intense, though it does linger on your skin for ages so it would be perfect to layer with the perfume.


Does this sound like a perfume you would wear? It really does smell very much like musk lollies...but they smell so damn good, so that's a good thing!


All opinions are my own and I received no remuneration for this post. The perfume and bath Elixir were purchased for me by Crazy and Kiki for Mothers Day (though they used my money to do so!).