Thursday 16 August 2012

Dermalogica has Fathers Day all wrapped up!

If you are reading this blog, chances are that you are a beauty lover and, if you are anything like me, you are probably always looking for ways to smuggle beauty products into your man's life. Fathers Day might just be the perfect occasion to do just this!

Dermalogica are one of the leaders in skincare and they have a men's line specifically designed around their need to shave - making that process so much easier, and protecting the skin from the daily assault that shaving is.

To determine whether these products will be suitable as Fathers Day gifts, I have recruited two out of the three men in whom I normally buy Fathers Day gifts for - my husband (Brett) and my dad (Camper - this is what The Crazy Kid calls him as he can't quite say Grandpa!). Only my Father in law has managed to escape being a beauty guinea pig, but that's just because he is currently sunning it up somewhere in Thailand (so he might have to receive a beauty gift instead!).

Brett is 31 and has a freakishly fast growing beard. He is also fairly set in his ways and always uses the same products so I plan to knock him out of his comfort zone! He will be trialling the Clean Bar and the Pre-Shave Guard.

Dermalogica Clean Bar


Dermalogica Pre-shave Guard

Camper is 61 and is of the generation of men who were not exposed to beauty products so did little more to their skin than shave it and perhaps splash a little after shave on. I wasn't sure how he would react when I told him that he would be trialling products for me (that's right, I didn't ask him, I told him!) but I got a phone call from him today asking whether his products had arrived (I only told him about it yesterday!) so I think he might be secretly excited!

Camper is an avid swimmer who notches up around 7km a day (in fact he is off to Hawaii in two weeks to compete in an ocean swim!) so his skin is really put through its paces. He will be trialling the Daily Defense Block and the Daily Clean Scrub.


Dermalogica Daily Defense Block

Dermalogic Daily Clean Scrub

Brett and Camper should have their reviews in by the end of next week, I just wanted to introduce you to Dermalogica's men's range before then in case you are super organised with your Fathers Day shopping.

In addition to the products mentioned above, Dermalogica also have in their men's range Close Shave Oil, Invigorating Shave Gel, Post-Shave Balm, Soothing Shave Cream and the Shave System Kit. If you really want to introduce the special man in your life to the world of skincare then the Shave System Kit might just be the way to go as this kit contains everything he will need - Daily Clean Scrub (45ml), Pre-Shave Guard (25ml), Soothing Shave Cream (75ml), Post-Shave Balm (10ml), Daily Defense Block SPF15 (25ml), Invigorating Shave Gel (sample) and a Shave Brochure.







Have you ever given your special man beauty products for Fathers Day? How did he reacted - was he excited as something new to play with, or did he throw a tantrum because he was really hoping for socks and hankies or did he politely accept it but it has since been sitting in the back of the bathroom cabinet collecting dust?


All opinions are my own and I received no remuneration for this post.