Sunday 4 September 2011

I have joined the crackle revolution

I am usually not much of a follower. I tend to march to the beat of my own drum. However, there is one major exception to this and that is when it comes to beauty. In the past it used to be products listed in magazines...I HAD to have them all. Now it is blogs. As soon as something is reviewed on a blog, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will instantly lust after it. And so, I would like to announce, I have joined the crackle revolution! I have just bought the entire set of China Glaze Metallic Crackle nail polishes - 6 in total. I bought them in a Blog Sale but have momentarily forgotten which blog I got them from - I will update once I work it out. I got the 6metallic crackle polishes for $US25 plus $US15 P&H. To get my money's worth on the postage I also got an extra OPI polish for $US5 plus China Glaze Cha Cha Cha for $US3 so all up, since the Aussie dollar is so legendary right now, it was about $AU46.

If you have been living under a rock, or perhaps are just not as beauty obsessed as me, and don't know what a crackle polish is then you are in for a real treat. A crackle polish is one that is designed to be applied over another colour where it then separates to form a crackled effect, showing the original colour underneath. My new acquisition has made me so much more excited about my current collection of polishes because the combinations are endless. I have been day dreaming about which ones will look great together!

For today's look I combined China Glaze Cha Cha Cha with the China Glaze Haute Metal crackle polish. I quite like (but don't love) the combination. I thought it would be fresh and watermelony but I think with the green being metallic as well, with gold undertones, the contrast between the two polishes isn't great enough. I applied 3 coats of Cha Cha Cha, one coat of Haute Metal crackle and one coat top coat. I found the thicker I applied the crackle polish, the more dramatic the crackle effect.








What is your favourite crackle combination?