Thursday 4 August 2011

My Top 10 Favourite Products: The Top 10 Award

I have mixed feelings about blogging awards. I feel like a bit of a dork proclaiming that I have 'won' an award but then they are always a lot of fun to participate in. When Moxie from Moxie Reviews told me she had nominated me for the Top 10 award, at first I wasn't sure what to do. Do I just ignore it? Do I do it? The rules of the Top 10 award are that you link back to the person who nominated you, then you list your Top 10 favourite products and nominate 10 other bloggers who will then list their top 10 favourite products. As I love talking about products, and I also love sharing link love I decided that the Top 10 award would be fun...so here I go!

Firstly, thanks to Moxie from Moxie Reviews for nominating me. Moxie reviews organic and natural makeup, cosmetics and hair products from companies that do not test on animals. Her reviews are refreshingly honest and well worth checking out.


My Top 10 Favourite Products (at this point in time...ask me in a month and the list may be very different!). If I have previously reviewed these products then I have included the link to the article if you would like more details.


1. BIOeffect EGF Serum


I have read the about the science behind this serum and it really blows me away. On paper the serum should work. EGF is a growth factor that stimulates skin cells to divide and multiply, thereby filling out fine lines. Independent clinical trials have shown that it does in fact work - after 30 days there was a clear reduction in wrinkles. I have been trialling this myself for about 4 weeks and have definitely noticed a reduction in lines on my forehead. So far the lines around my eyes have not budged but they might actually be sleep deprivation lines (I have a toddler!). My skin is definitely looking more hydrated as well.

2. Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel

I have been using this product on and off fr the last 10 years. I love it, although I might be hitting the age where I need to move on to the Purely Age Defying Serum. This is a really light gel serum that smells amazing - kind of herbal, kind of floral. I tend to use it of an evening and find that my skin looks so hydrated in the morning. It really seems to make my skin happy! 

 
3. Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator


This creates magic for my complexion. It really gives the illusion that my complexion is flawless. It also works at reducing pigmentation - I have seen a slight reduction in my pigmented patches. There is no longer such a stark line between the pigmented and non pigmented skin. But for me, it is the evening effect the light diffusing particles have on my skin tone that I love the most.

4. MAC Paint Pot



Somehow, the MAC Paint Pot craze had completely passed me by. It wasn't until I was reading a forum and saw a makeup artist recommending that the MAC Bare Study Paint Pot be used as a primer, that the Paint Pots entered my radar. So, when I got the opportunity to go to the Estee Lauder staff store, this was on the top of my purchase list. I didn't manage to get Bare Study, instead I got Vintage Selection. This one looks a bit darker than Bare Study but is still quite light on the eye. It is very shimmery, which I LOVE. It goes on so creamy and soft then dries to become the perfect canvas to apply eyeshadow over.

5. Penhaligon's Ellenisia Perfume

I love florals and this is one of the most gorgeous perfumes I have ever smelt. It is rose with white flowers (gardenia and jasmine) and then a bit of a musky dry down. It makes me feel so feminine and happy when I wear it and I have never found another perfume that is even remotely similar - it is very unique.

6. Rodial Glamoxy Snake Mask


I used to think that peel off masks were kind of crap. This mask completely changed my opinion. It brightened my skin and left it glowing. It also yanked out the blackheads on my nose. This is now my go to mask to use before I go out.

7. Jurlique Rosewater Balancng Mist


I don't do toners - don't really see the point of them. I make the exception for this mist. It is heavenly. Smells exactly like a field of red roses. It is very calming and hydrating for my skin plus it is incredibly calming for my phsyche as well. As I inhale this mist I feel a sense of serenity descend over me. Amazing stuff!


8. Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Youth Creme



This is another product in which the science really blew me away. This creme contains the Youth Molecule which slows down cell turnover. The theory is if you can slow down cell divisions and turnover you can prolong how long your skin looks young for. The creme felt luxurious to use, it sunk straight into my skin and really left it looking amazing.

9. Nivea Light Feel Daily Face Veil


This is a cheapie (its only $10.99) but a beauty. It is a really light sunscreen. It absorbs straight in, is non greasy and is a real pleasure to wear. This makes wearing sunscreen easy. I keep a bottle in my handbag, one in the bathroom, I had one on my desk at work so I was always protected.


10. Estée Lauder DayWear Sheer Tint Moisturiser


I wear this moisturiser in combination with the Idealist Even Skintoneskintone so the effect is extremely complimentary. I don't really like to wear foundation and so have found that this is an excellent compomise. You really can't tell that I am wearing it - it just looks like I have perfect skin!

Bloggers The following bloggers are incredibly passionate about what they write about, whether that be skincare, makeup, haircare or eyeshadow. I have nominated them because I am busting to know what their top 10 favourite products are. If you haven't discovered these blogs yet, I really urge you to go and have a look! Bloggers, if you have already done one of these awards before, please post the link to your Top 10 post in the comments below.

1. Yeah, yeah, ragger, ragger...
2. Makeup and Macaroons
3. The Beauty of Red Roses
4. Keeping up with me
5. Ritualeyes
6. 1000fragrances
7. The Best Beauty Blog
8. Things I Love
9. Me, my best and I
10. All the pretty faces

If I haven't tagged you but you would love to participate, then please tag yourself and mention in the comments that you are doing the Top 10 award for the rest of us to come and check out!

Have you entered my latest BIOeffect giveaway? Here's the link if you haven't checked it out yet.